Monday, January 28, 2013

Blues Clues_0

    I never liked those shows that make a point of interacting with small children, "can you say this, point to that help, me with this".
    As a child i thought: "man this is so stupid, if you can't find it by yourself why did they gave you the job!?" Even sesame street, favorite character? Oscar! He kept things real, he was the only one that gave some depth to the show, all the other were high on happiness and he was so honest, he said out loud what the others were thinking but were forced by the happiness union to keep their mouths shut. 
    This is why i grew up to be a clueless human being, swear to god, i will tie my children to a chair and force them to point, find, scream and do whatever the incompetent show host asks of them. Today we can all see the different layers of meaning in ones actions, All? hem.. some of us need more help then others. Typical conversation with my friends:

Me: Oh! you know he asked me to go to his house and see his book collection?
Friend: book collection?
Me: yeah, i mean he knows i love books so i'm going there, to check it out.
Friend: Really!? Of course he does! I will bet you 100.000€ that he doesn't even own a book.. just for fun...
    And then a nice 15min description of his real intentions, just in case i didn't got the irony.

  I'm in constant need of translation of normal conversations, i want a coll gadget that listens to my conversations and after tells me what people meant. Much more likely to get one of those then to get people to tell what they really mean.
    I guess i could try harder, but i prefer to live in blissfulness ignorance. I choose to believe that they mean what they say, sure that just leads to more disappointing situations, but isn't it better to be disappointed some times then live with the permanent knowledge of a lie? 

"Long walk for a short glass of water"  I love you Oscar

No comments:

Post a Comment