Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Celebration of Death

     One year ago i could not stop crying. Makes me so sad now to think how sad i was, how broken. All that seems so crazy now. So dramatic. If i could go back and tell myself all about the crazy adventures i was going to have that year. So. I am doing that today. This will be the short versions of the best adventures of this year. There were so many!
     There was a time i bunked at a friend's house, had a carrot for lunch and ice cream for desert, and we watched all of the Harry Potter movies in a row. It took us three afternoons  but we were not in a hurry so it was ok. I am for ever grateful to this friend, he was really there for me, he put actions where only words usually stand. And if he calls on me i will do the same.
     I went in to this abandoned farm with a friend, i met a crazy black horse. he tried to eat my shirt. In his defense  it was flannel, and not so nice on me. Fashion criticism from Mr. Ed. We still hang out.
     Got set up on a blind date to go to Bingo. He stood me up. Canceled 30min before.
    Made my first real presentation of a real work, for a real client in the real world. And decider to rock it with polka dots and all-star. I was a  lonely polka in the middle of sad suits.
     A long lost friend came back, i really missed him, his cooking at least. He really brought the winds of change, and no one saw it coming.
      I started drinking beer.
     I dragged a friend to the Fashion Night Out, walked to much, saw no one. By the end of the night we were the best dressed people in McDonalds.
     Had a photo-shoot, just, why not? some nice pictures appeared after a bottle of wine, she has crazy ideas.
     We all went to buy pastries at the factory at 23:00, don't underestimate the power of eating chocolate croissants at midnight with a bunch of your friends talking about everything in a "no shame" zone.
     The idea of a future eventually died. And made way for a much better one.
     Decided to go on a trip with two guys i've seen twice. So much sun, and laughter. They were so nice, and they will never know how much i liked hanging out with them. and i like it like that. I t made me feel like an adventurer, a cool traveler.
     Got evolved in the future of my university. I wanted a more active voice, and i have it now. I won't let it go.
     Went on so many teas, i'm a certificated tea expert. I admit it, i was, once, a tea slut. Went to drink tea with everyone. Hey! I like tea, and also company. Just the tea, nothing on the side. 
     The universe decided to teach my dyslexic ass a lesson and sent me, at the same time, four guys whose names started all with F's. I made my first pros and cons list about them, hint, if you need to make a list choose no one, they are all wrong.
     Went to see a closed exhibition and enjoyed the weirdest sun with an F. Serves you right, what usually sounds to good to be true probably is. I hope i will never trust someone that says exactly the right thing at the right time, now that sounds so wrong. I much prefer the ones that say the wrong things all the time, but mean the right ones. 
     Went on a trip to my place with two of my favorite living things, joined later by two girls who went there hitchhiking all the way, they said they were going to live like hippies. They don't. On the last day of that trip i met the strangest group of people. They hanged out together just because of logistics and not much more. Their bonds were made of pretzels, and they changed everything.
     Met a girl that is still on fire, slow burning but but still. Met a guy who empowered me by being an ass, i didn't think i could handle that, but guess what? Puny human. Met another guy, the worst poker player i ever saw, and an even worst shooter, at least we have tea.
     Went on castings with fake dancing and beer, went on trips with dog hair all over and huge sweaters,  went on parties where you could see your future "a long and interesting journey is waiting for you", and dinners, Italian dinners Portuguese dinners Slovenian dinners polish dinners German dinners Spanish dinners. went on crazy nights with Hamburg and Hamburgers, with pink hair guys and japanese girls, with muffins and chocolate cakes and cheesecakes. Sometimes i just went. I was moving so i would not stop. But now i have found a place from where i don't want to leave. I will carry this place with me wherever i go. This is not all. This is somethings, the parts. Some parts. 






No comments:

Post a Comment