Tuesday, April 2, 2013

They can't play deaf for ever

     My sister is having a baby and my grandmother's is in the hospital and so am i. She's not going to die, she just has high blood pressure, she would never die without knowing her new grand granddaughter. I'm not worried. There is a huge thunder storm outside, just like in a movie. The sky is exploding in a lovely purple color, it light's up all the faces here and for a second we all stop. Everyone knows it's coming. Some are counting, others pretend they are not paying attention, others just hold their breath. For those seconds i can hear the sound of both televisions, different channels all bad news, in the waiting room. There is no magical silence. There are those who are deaf to this game. They have their problems, their life is more then a thunderous sky. A baby is crying. Maybe we all would do the same if we could, everyone is scared. They can't play deaf for ever. The thunder is here, faster then it should but slower enough to create a debate. I am thankful to hear less complaints about life and death, it's refreshing to hear the groups reorganizing it's members, segregating the ones that think the storm is moving away. This is barely a place for optimism. it's mostly certainly a sign of the apocalypse. It's what  they need. Something to kills everyone without differentiate. Impartial  to money, age, sex or order of arrival. Something that everyone can complain exactly in the same way. This is a relief.
     What an understanding thunder storm. Can be whatever you want it to be, except unnoticed.  Maybe i can get of work tomorrow.. 
     Nobody looks worried they just look anxious to leave, with her, to put this behind us, to keep calm and and carry on, with her. She is the soul source to all of my unfounded romanticism, she always thinks that is a great idea the prospect of a great love, nobody believes that anymore.. She does, why wouldn't she? She has lived one, she is still living her amazing love story. It hasn't been easy for both of them not to poison each other. If my grandfather had any clue where she puts the poison maybe he would had done it already. 
The lady sitting next to me is missing her front tooth, how does she floss? It looks like it's just a big gap. This is rude. Could you stop hitting me, "Accidentally"? Please? She's lucky we are in a hospital, after i am done with her she won't have to travel for long. I can take her. She has a beard. Is she a man? Checking for boobs.. investigating.. She is looking this way, be COOL!!!
     Ambulance, another unifying topic around here. will she make it? is it a baby? is there blood?
Thunder. Silence. Ambulance.
     My family is sitting far away from me. There weren't enough seats together. "I'm fine alone". I prefer it. Far from them, and from conversation. They would force me to say things, distracting things. Ambulance. Much prefer being here with my lovely male neighbor.



No comments:

Post a Comment